Highlights this year include antisemitic cartoons printed in leftist and centrist dailies, demonization of Israel in the name of “anti-racism”, Holocaust trivialization, desecration of a Jewish monument & a cemetery, homophobic- and religiously-inspired antisemitism & BDS calls.
Here’s our selection from 2015; the list is arranged in chronological order:
4) Desecration of the Holocaust Memorial of Kavala (June 2015)
5) Greek rightist MP trivializes (once again) the Holocaust (June 2015)
6) Popular Unity Party signes up Israel-haters and conspiracy theorists (September 2015)
7) Jewish Cemetery in Nikaia, Athens, with nazi graffitis vandalized (October 2015)
8) Yanis Varoufakis depicted as Shylock (October 2015)
Update, 7.1.2016: We added eight antisemitic incidents to our list. One of them (October 2015) includes threats and a physical attack against members of antifascist groups that stand up against antisemitism.
13) Greek newspaper compares eurozone to Auschwitz (June 2015)
17) Antisemitism in Greek newspaper: ridiculous or dangerous? (November 2015)